Our PTO thrives on the commitment of so many Mason-Rice families who support us with their time and financial resources. Over half of families volunteer their time, give to our Annual Fund, and/or support us through purchases from our partner programs.
Every year the PTO’s Annual Fund helps support supplies and programs for Mason-Rice Elementary School that are not covered by the Newton Public Schools’ budget. Though our expenses are different this year, we still need your support. This year, the PTO’s funds will be directed to:
- Direct Teacher Support: including reimbursements for classroom supplies, curriculum support, and appreciation events for all teachers of M-R students, both hybrid and DLA.
- Principal Discretionary Fund: Used to anonymously support Mason-Rice families who are experiencing hardship.*
- Funding for Creative Arts & Science: curriculum enrichment programs that would not otherwise be provided by the district for students.
EVERY DONATION MAKES A DIFFERENCE. If you would like to help support/sponsor the cost of our programs, please make a donation to the Mason-Rice PTO by using Paypal securely by clicking here the link to the right. You can read more about our fund details here.
**Is your family experiencing hardship? Please reach out to Principal Bultema; he is able to leverage the Principal Discretionary Fund to support you and your family. Information about which families benefit from this fund is known by Mr. Bultema exclusively.**
Funds raised as of January 31, 2021.
Donate Your Time
The Mason-Rice PTO has many ways to support us through volunteering your time and talents. See our high-priority needs on our Volunteer form or email us at email@example.com. We have opportunities for helping with a single event, regularly for few hours a month, or a weekly commitment- choose your level of involvement and commitment!
Shopping and Partner Programs
We are excited to announce a new, year-round fundraising promotion from Mabel’s Labels just in time for more in-person school days, spring sports, and summer camps! Just follow these simple steps and Mabel’s Labels will donate 20% of sales from your order to the PTO!
1. Go to Mabel’s Labels homepage and click “Support a Fundraiser”
2. Type and select “Mason-Rice Elementary School PTO” in the menu
3. Shop your order and check-out as usual
4. Mabel’s Labels will automatically donate 20% of the order back to the PTO!
Box Tops for Education
Download the BoxTops app! Earn 10¢ to Mason-Rice for favorite products such as Cheerios, Nature Valley, Annie’s Products, Ziploc, Kleenex, and many more. Simply scan your usual grocery receipt with the new Box Tops App or forward online receipts (such as Wegmans, Costco, Instacart) to firstname.lastname@example.org help earn. You can track our earnings in the app!
We are excited to announce that Minted’s holiday promotion will now be offered year-round! Enjoy 20% off Minted cards & gifts throughout the year when use unique promo code [in the emailed PTO Notes] at checkout, and 15% of each order will be donated back to the PTO.
Disclaimer: this is a special code created exclusively for fundraising for M-R PTO community and is not meant to be shared publicly with coupon or deal sites.