Our PTO thrives on the commitment of so many Mason-Rice families who support us with their time and financial resources. Over half of families volunteer their time, give to our Annual Fund, and/or support us through purchases from our partner programs.
Every year the PTO’s Annual Fund helps support supplies and programs for Mason-Rice Elementary School that are not covered by the Newton Public Schools’ budget. This year, the PTO’s funds will be directed to:
- Community Connections: Back-to-School Picnic, New Parent Buddy Program, Parent Socials, Families Organizing for Racial Justice (FORJ), Safe Routes to School program (SRTS), and more!
- Important School Initiatives: The PTO supports our teachers in various ways. We provide direct teacher support for classroom supplies and enhancements, curriculum support, and teacher appreciation events. Additionally, the PTO also funds Creative Arts & Science, curriculum enrichment programs for each grade that would not otherwise be provided by the district.
- Ensuring a Safe and Strong School year: The PTO was proud to supply outdoor cushions for each student to help facilitate teachers taking their lessons outside. In addition, the PTO helped create “Mason-Rice Outdoors.” These are some of the many ways that our PTO has partnered with the staff and teachers already to make the school experience healthy, clean, and conducive to learning for all Mason-Rice students!
EVERY DONATION MAKES A DIFFERENCE. If you would like to help support/sponsor the cost of our programs, please make a donation to the Mason-Rice PTO by using Paypal securely by clicking here the link to the right. You can read more about our fund details here.
**Is your family experiencing hardship? Please reach out to Principal Bultema; he is able to leverage the Principal Discretionary Fund to support you and your family. Information about which families benefit from this fund is known by Mr. Bultema exclusively.**
Funds raised as of October 28, 2021.
Donate Your Time
The Mason-Rice PTO has many ways to support us through volunteering your time and talents. See our high-priority needs on our Volunteer form or email us at email@example.com. We have opportunities for helping with a single event, regularly for few hours a month, or a weekly commitment- choose your level of involvement and commitment!
Shopping and Partner Programs
We are excited to announce a new, year-round fundraising promotion from Mabel’s Labels just in time for more in-person school days, spring sports, and summer camps! Just follow these simple steps and Mabel’s Labels will donate 20% of sales from your order to the PTO!
1. Go to Mabel’s Labels homepage and click “Support a Fundraiser”
2. Type and select “Mason-Rice Elementary School PTO” in the menu
3. Shop your order and check-out as usual
4. Mabel’s Labels will automatically donate 20% of the order back to the PTO!
Box Tops for Education
Download the BoxTops app! Earn 10¢ to Mason-Rice for favorite products such as Cheerios, Nature Valley, Annie’s Products, Ziploc, Kleenex, and many more. Simply scan your usual grocery receipt with the new Box Tops App or forward online receipts (such as Wegmans, Costco, Instacart) to firstname.lastname@example.org help earn. You can track our earnings in the app!
We are excited to announce that Minted’s holiday promotion will now be offered year-round! Enjoy 20% off Minted cards & gifts throughout the year when use unique promo code [in the emailed PTO Notes] at checkout, and 15% of each order will be donated back to the PTO.
Disclaimer: this is a special code created exclusively for fundraising for M-R PTO community and is not meant to be shared publicly with coupon or deal sites.