Our PTO thrives on the commitment of so many Mason-Rice families who support us with their time and financial resources. Every year the PTO’s budget must be replenished to support supplies and programs that are not covered by the Newton Public Schools’ budget. Donate today!
Every year the PTO’s Annual Fund helps support supplies and programs for Mason-Rice Elementary School that are not covered by the Newton Public Schools’ budget. This year, the PTO’s funds will be directed to:
- Important School Initiatives: The PTO supports our teachers in various ways. We provide direct teacher support for classroom supplies and enhancements, curriculum support, and teacher appreciation events. We also subsidize the cost of field trips for each grade and provide funding to the Principal to help support families in need of financial assistance on an anonymous basis.
- Community Connections: Back-to-School Picnic, New Family Program, Parent Socials, Family Movie Night, Bingo, the Fun Run, Spiritwear for all Kindergarteners, Families Organizing for Racial Justice (FORJ), Safe Routes to School program (SRTS), and more! Additionally, the PTO also funds Creative Arts & Science, curriculum enrichment programs for each grade that would not otherwise be provided by the district.
- Enrichment Programs: The PTO funds Creative Arts & Sciences, a curriculum enrichment program that brings authors, musicians, and hands-on arts and science programming three times a year to each grade. This program is fully funded by the PTO and would not otherwise be provided by the district. The PTO also funds Understanding our Differences, an interactive disability awareness program that is run across the district. We also fund and organize STEAM playground, two days of hands-on learning, the Science Fair, and the World Culture Festival which celebrates all the cultures at Mason-Rice.
EVERY DONATION MAKES A DIFFERENCE. If you would like to help support/sponsor the cost of our programs, you can make a donation to the Mason-Rice PTO anytime by donating via Paypal (or click the button above). You can read more about our fund details here.
Mason-Rice PTO is a 501c3 non-profit organization. Your donation is 100% tax deductible and if your employer matches gifts made to nonprofits, please be sure to participate and double the impact of your gift! If you have any questions, please contact our Treasurers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shopping and Partner Programs
We are excited to announce a new, year-round fundraising promotion from Mabel’s Labels just in time for more in-person school days, spring sports, and summer camps! Just follow these simple steps and Mabel’s Labels will donate 20% of sales from your order to the PTO!
1. Go to Mabel’s Labels homepage and click “Support a Fundraiser”
2. Type and select “Mason-Rice Elementary School PTO” in the menu
3. Shop your order and check-out as usual
4. Mabel’s Labels will automatically donate 20% of the order back to the PTO!
Box Tops for Education
Download the BoxTops app! Earn 10¢ to Mason-Rice for favorite products such as Cheerios, Nature Valley, Annie’s Products, Ziploc, Kleenex, and many more. Simply scan your usual grocery receipt with the new Box Tops App or forward online receipts (such as Wegmans, Costco, Instacart) to email@example.com help earn. You can track our earnings in the app!
We are excited to announce that Minted’s holiday promotion will now be offered year-round! Enjoy 20% off Minted cards & gifts throughout the year when use unique promo code [in the emailed PTO Notes] at checkout, and 15% of each order will be donated back to the PTO.
Disclaimer: this is a special code created exclusively for fundraising for M-R PTO community and is not meant to be shared publicly with coupon or deal sites.