New & Upcoming
The M-R Online Auction Needs YOU!
The M-R Auction Committee urgently needs more help to ensure the successful return of our highly anticipated online auction!
The auction is the second largest of our fundraisers that enables us to support a variety of enrichment programming that would otherwise be unaffordable. We know the holiday season is a busy time but this is also when we need the most help!
Please consider joining our auction team to help:
- Update businesses’ contact information for emails that bounce back.
- Follow up with prior donors after they have received initial e-mail outreach.
- Enter donation listings into the auction platform, Bidding for Good.
We appreciate any help you can give to make this a successful auction year and to support the PTO! Please contact us with questions or to sign up!
Gift of Giving – Update
Thank you to all who have kindly signed up to fulfill a child’s Wish List and/or for the Gift Certificates to support families in our own Mason-Rice community!
This is the last week of the Gift Drive!!! We still need Gift Cards in a variety of denominations. Please use the MTK Sign Up or contact Jay or Michele personally.
We are also collecting new, unwrapped toys and art supplies. These items can be left on Jay Wood’s front porch at 26 Park Lane.
If you are fulfilling a Wish List, please remember to drop off your gifts at 26 Park Lane no later than Sunday, December 5th.
Upcoming Mason-Rice FORJ Meeting
When: Wednesday 12/1 at 7:30pm
FORJ (Families Organizing for Racial Justice) will have a meeting on Wednesday 12/1 at 7:30pm (via Zoom). They will be discussing how they can support the Mason Rice community and activities for the year. If you are interested in learning more about FORJ or attending the meeting, please email Molly Perencevich or Janelle Phillips.
Green Team: Kids Campus Cleanup Continues
Tuesday 11/30, 2:50-4pm (Gr. 1-3, with parent/guardian)
Have you noticed trash on our playground? Want to help keep our environment clean? Join the M-R Green Team to clean up our playground while having fun! M-R Green Team parents Wendy Sheu and Yvonne Chen have launched a series of after-school outdoor sessions, running twice a month. Each session runs from 2:50-4pm and comprises of a Mason-Rice campus cleanup and a hands-on activity and/or environmental art project. This program is geared towards M-R students who care about the environment and are interested in making our community greener.
Join us! Find additional details and sign up HERE to join our 11/30 November session. Limited space, first-come first-served!
Place your Ad in the Mason-Rice Community Classifieds!
Do you know a good babysitter who is looking for more hours? Were you hoping to sell that cool banana-seat bike in the garage? Do you own a business and want to spread the word? Consider the M-R Community Classifieds.
We’re here to post your ad to the M-R community on the first of each month. Hurry and place your ad for this upcoming M-R Community Classifieds. The deadline is 10am on 11/30 for the 12/1 posting.Send your ad with the corresponding images to M-R Notes Submissions.
Reminders & Updates
Order Your Holiday Cards at 20% Off!
Ordering year-end cards soon? Don’t forget about our Minted promotion! Get 20% off all card and gift orders with special promo code sent in emailed notes and Minted (an independent-artists marketplace for stationery, gifts and decor) will donate 15% of orders back to the PTO!
Disclaimer: This code was created exclusively for our M-R PTO community. It is not to be shared publicly.
Support the Businesses that Support Us
Your usual shopping can support PTO-funded activities (such as teacher classroom allowances, appreciation lunches, and curriculum-enhancing programming for all our students). Last year, the Mason-Rice community shopped with our partners and raised nearly $1500 while participation in our Spring '21 Restaurant Series raised an additional $1100!
Note that these programs/partnerships, below, run year-round!
- Go to Mabel's Labels homepage and click "Support a Fundraiser"
- Type and select "Mason-Rice Elementary School PTO" in the menu
- Shop your order and check-out as usual
- Mabel's Labels will automatically donate 20% of the order back to the PTO
Select 'Mason-Rice PTO' with AmazonSmile and the PTO Benefits from Your Everyday Purchases. Set it up once and never again!
#1: Select Mason-Rice as Your AmazonSmile Charity-of-Choice
- Visit AmazonSmile and sign in with your Amazon.com credentials.
- Choose and select Mason-Rice Elementary School PTO as the charitable organization to receive donations.
- Start all of your Amazon shopping at the Smile homepage, versus amazon.com. The shopping experience is the exact same, but your purchases will qualify for Smile commissions to the PTO.
#2: Turn On AmazonSmile on Your Amazon Shopping app
- Make sure you're signed up for AmazonSmile in web browser.
- Open the Amazon Shopping app and find “Settings” in the main menu (☰).
- Tap on “AmazonSmile” (under "Programs & Features") and follow the on-screen instructions to turn on AmazonSmile in the app.
- Shop as usual!