PTO Notes 10-29-21
You can now expect your PTO Notes on Friday mornings!
In This Edition
- NEW & UPCOMING:
- REMINDERS & UPDATES:
- SUPPORT: Fundraising Promotions: Mabel’s Labels, Minted, AmazonSmile
New & Upcoming
Two days to raise $9,579! Can we count on your support? It’s critical.
$24,421 has been raised toward our $34,000 Annual Fund goal! We need YOU to help us get the rest of the way.
Wondering why the PTO needs donations? Because although Mason-Rice is funded through tax dollars, the district relies on school-based PTOs to fill certain gaps in curriculum and support. See our budget here. The Annual Fund is an essential engine in allowing the PTO to provide Mason-Rice teachers, students, and community the supplemental supports they need. Will you join the 55% of Mason-Rice families who’ve already donated and be a part of this critical effort? We need help to reach our goal!
We wholeheartedly thank the 140 Mason-Rice families who have helped us so far; we are inspired by your generosity, which confirms that our teachers, students, and community are worth supporting!
CHANGE OF DATE: Halloween Spooktacular Moved to Sunday 10/31
When: This Sunday, Oct. 31st
Time: 3-4 pm (grades K-2) | 4-5 pm (grades 3-5)(Timing is just a guideline for safe spacing.)
Due to a rainy forecast the Mason-Rice Halloween Spooktacular has been moved to Sunday October 31st. Consider it a pre-party for your trick or treating!
- Event tickets and tickets for games / food will be sold at the event. Cash / credit.
- Fun attractions, games, pumpkin contest.
- Amazing treats such as cotton candy and locally crafted Boba tea!
- Pumpkin carving contest: please drop your pumpkin off between 10-2 Sunday on the tarps at the back of the parking lot. Label with your child’s name and grade. We will move them into place and light them for you.
See everyone on Halloween!!
Pre-order tickets and sign up for pumpkin carving today by clicking here.
Event tickets may be purchased using cash or credit on the day of the event. Tickets for food and games will also be available for purchase.
PRE-ORDER now for Nov. 4th’s “First Thursday” with the North East of the Border Food Truck!
We’ve partnered with StrEATs so the Mason-Rice community can try a variety of new food trucks for take-out while also supporting the school—15% of orders will be donated back to our PTO! This COVID-friendly food truck series is “Pre-Orders only”; select your pick-up time to allow for social distancing and minimal wait times (hint: pre-order ASAP to get your preferred pick-up times).
Next up on Thursday, Nov. 4th will be North East of the Border. Take care of Thursday night dinner with authentic Mexican street tacos with all the fixings: chicken, beef, fish, and vegetarian options. This is a Mason-Rice PTO fundraiser but it’s open to all—feel free to share with your friends and neighbors!
Fifth Grade Election Day Bake Sale– Tuesday, November 2nd!
When: Tuesday, Nov. 2nd (next week!)
Time: 7:30 am – 2 pm (or until sold out)
The Mason-Rice bake sale is coming up on Tuesday! Limited pre-order items are available here and can be picked up on the day of the event!
*Re: Food allergies: Although all items are made without nuts, because they are homemade they are not produced in nut-free facilities.
Reminders & Updates
Musical Mornings : K-2 Sign-up
Looking for Book Fair Volunteers!!
The Mason-Rice Book Fair returns this Fall! Are you looking for a way to get involved? This is a great chance to help plan a favorite Mason-Rice event.
Opportunities may include: creating book lists, communicating with teachers, helping students at the fair (a great chance to engage with your child’s class!), helping plan the Read Aloud evening…we would love to have your input generally as part of the team or for a specific role.
Mason-Rice’s 24th Annual Gift of Giving
GET READY FOR OUR 24TH ANNUAL GIFT OF GIVING! This holiday season we will again run our GIFT OF GIVING program to fulfill wish lists for children in need. This year in particular, there are many families that need support from our M-R community. Early next week we will receive the names of 85 children from The Child Witness to Violence Project, and the Mildred C. Hailey Apartments. Please consider sponsoring a child’s wish list! Many of the wish lists focus on warm winter clothing, a few toys, and / or gift cards.
Our team will be in front of the school with sign-up sheets during Food Truck Thursday Nov. 4th 4-7pm, and on Friday Nov. 5th at morning drop-off and afternoon pick-up.
Support the Businesses that Support Us
Your usual shopping can support PTO-funded activities (such as teacher classroom allowances, appreciation lunches, and curriculum-enhancing programming for all our students). Last year, the Mason-Rice community shopped with our partners and raised nearly $1500 while participation in our Spring '21 Restaurant Series raised an additional $1100!
Note that these programs/partnerships, below, run year-round!
- Go to Mabel's Labels homepage and click "Support a Fundraiser"
- Type and select "Mason-Rice Elementary School PTO" in the menu
- Shop your order and check-out as usual
- Mabel's Labels will automatically donate 20% of the order back to the PTO
Select 'Mason-Rice PTO' with AmazonSmile and the PTO Benefits from Your Everyday Purchases. Set it up once and never again!
#1: Select Mason-Rice as Your AmazonSmile Charity-of-Choice
- Visit AmazonSmile and sign in with your Amazon.com credentials.
- Choose and select Mason-Rice Elementary School PTO as the charitable organization to receive donations.
- Start all of your Amazon shopping at the Smile homepage, versus amazon.com. The shopping experience is the exact same, but your purchases will qualify for Smile commissions to the PTO.
#2: Turn On AmazonSmile on Your Amazon Shopping app
- Make sure you're signed up for AmazonSmile in web browser.
- Open the Amazon Shopping app and find “Settings” in the main menu (☰).
- Tap on “AmazonSmile” (under "Programs & Features") and follow the on-screen instructions to turn on AmazonSmile in the app.
- Shop as usual!