New & Upcoming
Reminder for K-2 Students in Hybrid
Upcoming FORJ Events
Tuesday, January 5th at 7 pm: As part of the Newton Inspires Speakers Series, Newton Schools Foundation presents Social Justice Warrior and Head of the Newton Police Task Force – Sonja Spears. During her talk, she will explore how her own experiences inform her work as a social justice advocate and give her hope in the restorative powers of justice. To register for the free presentation, visit THIS LINK.
Wednesday, January 13th, 8-9:30 pm: Mason-Rice FORJ committee meeting via zoom. We will be discussing the book “How to be an Antiracist” by Ibram X. Kendi. All are welcome. RSVP here.
Save the Date:
Thursday 2/11 at 7:30 with Walsh Trivia!
Grab your Quarinti and join the Mason-Rice community for a night of virtual Trivia!
Can you donate $50, $100, $250, or $500?
The PTO relies on financial support from families to ensure the sustainability of our community now and in future years. Funds raised this year go directly to teachers, students, and our community. Our goal is to raise $20,000 by January 31st. You can donate online by clicking the Annual Fund logo or here. (Suggested donation: $100 per student.)
Reminders & Updates
Spring Intramural Registrations are Open!
Lots of Newton sports programs have opened their spring 2021 registrations and are offering early-registration discounts. We will post the ones we receive in our Notes, but encourage families to also post registration links on the PTO’s Facebook Page.
- Newton Boys’ Lacrosse: Registration for grades 1-8 is open now and closes on 1/15/20. Register here.
- Newton Girls’ Lacrosse: Registration is now open and closes on 1/8/2021. NGL is a community based developmental lacrosse program for all Newton girls in grades 1-8. Register here.
- Newton Girls’ Softball: Spring Rec for grades K-7 as well as Panthers U10 and U12 teams are open for enrollment. Register here.
- Newton South East Little League: Registration is open for kids pre-K through 12 years old. Register here.
- Newton Youth Soccer: The intramural program is an in-town program (no travel to other towns) for players from grades 1-6. Register here.
Free: Breakfast and Lunch for Families
For the 2020-2021 academic year, FREE breakfast and lunch is available for ALL students. There are grab-n-go options for in-person pick-up, or separate pick-up locations at the high schools for virtual learners.
See the City of Newton’s website for updated information on pickup locations and hours-including weather and holiday closures.