New & Upcoming
The Mason-Rice Online Auction – How You Can Help
The Online Auction NEEDS YOU!
Here are 4 ways that you can help:
- Follow-up with businesses that have already received our auction letter and consistently donate to our auction.
Businesses have had a busy season and many just need a reminder to get their donations in. This can happen via email or phone.
- Help pick up donations that businesses have offered.
Just drop by, pick up the item, done.
- If you are willing to ask for new donations, our auction team is looking for champions to connect with new potential donors in Newton villages and surrounding towns.
This role is one where whatever you can bring in – one, two or ten donations – will make a HUGE difference to our overall auction. Don’t get overwhelmed by taking on an entire village — whatever you can do will be a big help.
- Donate an item.
Get a gift card or item over the holidays that you are not going to use? Donate it to the auction! Are you a business owner? Donate a service, product, or gift card! Have a vacation home? Donate a weekend stay! Have season tickets? Donate tickets for a game or show!
Contact the auction team HERE.
NPS Transportation Survey
Please fill out the Newton Public Schools Transportation Survey! Check your inbox for an email titled “Newton Public Schools Transportation Survey” from 12/6. Please take 5 minutes to fill out this survey so the City has information on the various ways to improve how students can get to school safely.
Our Spiritwear Items Make Great Gifts!
Parent Coffee and Shop
When: Monday December 20th
Where: in front of M-R (by art room)
Stick around after drop-off on Monday, December 20th to enjoy some coffee and treats with other Mason-Rice parents. New school spiritwear will be available for sale for your holiday shopping needs!
Williams Elementary School Online Auction
The Williams Elementary School online auction is live now through Sunday December 12th at 9pm and they have invited our community to participate. Elementary schools across Newton rely on online auctions to provide critical funds that support our schools. Mason-Rice’s online auction will be launching in January. We have a team hard at work preparing for this event. The Williams auction is a great way to support our friends in the district and get a sense of what’s to come for our own community! See their auction flyer HERE.
Maybe as you peruse their items you will get ideas for things that you, your family, or your business could donate to the Mason-Rice auction? We invite you to reach out to our auction committee if you have some hours to volunteer or items to donate.
Reminders & Updates
Order Your Holiday Cards at 20% Off!
Ordering year-end cards soon? Don’t forget about our Minted promotion! Get 20% off all card and gift orders with special promo code: [see e-mailed PTO Notes] and Minted (an independent-artists marketplace for stationery, gifts, and decor) will donate 15% of orders back to the PTO!
Disclaimer: This code was created exclusively for our M-R PTO community. It is not to be shared publicly.
Support the Businesses that Support Us
Your usual shopping can support PTO-funded activities (such as teacher classroom allowances, appreciation lunches, and curriculum-enhancing programming for all our students). Last year, the Mason-Rice community shopped with our partners and raised nearly $1500 while participation in our Spring '21 Restaurant Series raised an additional $1100!
Note that these programs/partnerships, below, run year-round!
- Go to Mabel's Labels homepage and click "Support a Fundraiser"
- Type and select "Mason-Rice Elementary School PTO" in the menu
- Shop your order and check-out as usual
- Mabel's Labels will automatically donate 20% of the order back to the PTO
Select 'Mason-Rice PTO' with AmazonSmile and the PTO Benefits from Your Everyday Purchases. Set it up once and never again!
#1: Select Mason-Rice as Your AmazonSmile Charity-of-Choice
- Visit AmazonSmile and sign in with your Amazon.com credentials.
- Choose and select Mason-Rice Elementary School PTO as the charitable organization to receive donations.
- Start all of your Amazon shopping at the Smile homepage, versus amazon.com. The shopping experience is the exact same, but your purchases will qualify for Smile commissions to the PTO.
#2: Turn On AmazonSmile on Your Amazon Shopping app
- Make sure you're signed up for AmazonSmile in web browser.
- Open the Amazon Shopping app and find “Settings” in the main menu (☰).
- Tap on “AmazonSmile” (under "Programs & Features") and follow the on-screen instructions to turn on AmazonSmile in the app.
- Shop as usual!