PTO Notes 01-07-2022
In This Edition
- NEW & UPCOMING:
- REMINDERS & UPDATES:
- Support the Business that Support Mason-Rice
New & Upcoming
Message from PTO Presidents
It is a challenging and uncertain time for our families, faculty, and staff. Our community is very important to all of us, please reach out or use the Mason-Rice PTO Facebook page if you need help that a neighbor may be able to provide. Together, we can try and make this difficult period a little easier. If your family needs financial assistance during this time, please reach out to Principal Bultema who has resources from the PTO to provide financial help to families anonymously. If there are other ways that the PTO can support you or if you have any ideas or time to help build community during this cold and confusing winter, please email the PTO Presidents. On that note, we would like to personally thank Ellie Axe and Emily St. Martin for stepping up with the “We Care about Nurse Becky” campaign and all the families who are participating. We look forward to ways we can continue to show our support and care for the Mason-Rice team.
– Danielle Boudreau, Rebecca Diamondstein, Lucy Ewins, and Martha Bixby
The Mason-Rice Online Auction
When: January 20-30, 2022
Just 2 more weeks to our annual online auction!
New to the auction are Mason-Rice-Only Teacher Experiences! Get ready to bid on fun, incomparable experiences such as ice-cream or mini-golf with class teachers, T-shirt decorating with specialist teachers, and becoming Principal for a day
We need a lot of help from parents to put all of the pieces in place both before and after the auction. These things can be done in your own time — and have a huge impact!
1. Pick up donations. Drop by businesses that have offered a donation to pick it up.
2. Enter donations into our auction website. Create auction listings on the Bidding for Good portal.
3. Get happy winners their items after the auction. Contact winners and distribute the items post-auction.
4. Contact us to donate an item or event. Received a gift card or item over the holidays that you are not going to use? Donate it to the auction! Have ideas for a Mason-Rice only party? Donate a social event! Are you a business owner? Donate a service, product, or gift card! Have a vacation home? Donate a weekend stay!
Submissions due Tuesday, January 11th.
Newton Community Food Drive
When: January 10-15, 2022
Newton’s running a Community Food Drive leading up to the MLK Celebration on Jan. 17. Requested items include non-expired cereal (brand names), white tuna, hearty soups, broth, ground coffee (1-lb. bags), herbal tea, body lotion (12-16oz) and toothpaste.
Collections will be distributed to three local food pantries to help members of our community who’ve been struggling during the pandemic. Please put items in the collection bin outside Mason-Rice between Jan. 10-15. FORJ group members will deliver items from the bin to City Hall.
Reminders & Updates
Teacher Appreciation Lunch
The PTO was happy to host a luncheon for faculty and staff on Wednesday to show our appreciation and to celebrate the end of the calendar year. The care and dedication the teachers and staff bring to work each day creates a wonderfully supportive and academically rich environment for our children. Thank you!
Support the Businesses that Support Us
Your usual shopping can support PTO-funded activities (such as teacher classroom allowances, appreciation lunches, and curriculum-enhancing programming for all our students). Last year, the Mason-Rice community shopped with our partners and raised nearly $1500 while participation in our Spring '21 Restaurant Series raised an additional $1100!
Note that these programs/partnerships, below, run year-round!
- Go to Mabel's Labels homepage and click "Support a Fundraiser"
- Type and select "Mason-Rice Elementary School PTO" in the menu
- Shop your order and check-out as usual
- Mabel's Labels will automatically donate 20% of the order back to the PTO
Enjoy 20% off Minted cards & gifts with promo code [see e-mailed PTO Notes]. 15% of each order will be donated back to the PTO.