Buy Raffle Tickets Now!
Here are the steps for buying tickets:
- Look through the Raffle Basket booklet by clicking here.
- Determine how many tickets you want to purchase. Tickets are $2 each; $5 for 3; $25 for a sheet of 15. Print additional ticket pages here.
- Write your child’s name and the basket or excursion number on each ticket. Cut up the tickets page into individual tickets.
- Put tickets and $ in an envelope (cash or check payable to Mason-Rice PTO).
- Put the envelope in the decorated box on the raffle basket table in the Mason-Rice foyer. DO NOT put money or tickets for raffle into any PTO drawers.
Background on Raffle Baskets
Raffle Baskets is the third largest fundraiser for the PTO and the one most enjoyed by the kids!
What’s Involved: Each classroom is asked to put together a basket of goodies based on a theme that is chosen by the teacher and the children in the classroom. Room parents then contact the parents to request that they donate an item or items based on that theme, costing between $5 and $10, to include in the basket. The basket should focus on items for kids, geared toward elementary age children. When the baskets are completed, they are wrapped and displayed in the lobby for the children to see. Kids can then purchase raffle tickets for whatever basket or baskets they want. At the end of the raffle basket period, winners for each basket are selected by a random drawing of names from a hat.
Class themes for 2017 are listed below. All donations (value $5-10) are voluntary. All donations can be dropped off in your child’s classroom by April 28.
In addition, this year was are adding one Raffle Basket to benefit Maureen Cahoon’s Retirement Celebration. We would love parent help in honoring our beloved crossing guard, Maureen Calhoon, who will be retiring at the end of this year after forty-one years. We are asking families to consider making a voluntary contribution to a raffle basket themed: “Taste of Newton.” This basket will be raffled as part of our larger raffle basket fundraiser in May. All proceeds from tickets purchased for this basket will be used to offset expenses for Maureen’s retirement party.
If you would like to contribute a Taste of Newton item – gift cards or other things that might align with the “Taste of Newton” theme – or cash toward items for the basket, please leave it in the “Taste of Newton” drawer in the front lobby.
Please make sure to clearly label it as “Taste of Newton.” Checks can be made out to Kim Thurmond. Any questions please contact Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org